When there is an opening at Garden Academy we consider students who are already on our “waiting list” — those who have already submitted a request for intake — but also strive to reach out to the broader community in order to make others aware of this opportunity.
In making our selection we consider the needs of the students we already have as well as the needs of referred children. Children are not enrolled on a “first come, first served basis” and we cannot accommodate all those seeking a placement at our school.
To make a request for intake, you will need to send the following materials to Garden Academy:
- A completed Contact Information Sheet
- A copy of the initial report of the child’s diagnosis
- A brief video of the child
- A one or two page cover letter that describes the child and also includes the following information:
- Date of birth
- Contact information for the school district and case manager
- Your return address
- A summary or bullet point list of the type of services he/she is currently receiving
Send completed form and other materials to:
Garden Academy • Attention: Intake
627 Mount Pleasant Avenue • West Orange, NJ 07052
Garden Academy admits students without regard to race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin to all rights privileges, programs and activities made available to students at the school.